Sunday, June 30, 2013

My First 5K!!



So I signed up for my first race! I will be running my first 5k next Saturday morning...a race called Negative Split. I had no clue what this meant, but on their site it says: "Running a "negative split" means to run the second half of a race faster than the first half." 

I have been training to run a 5k since the first week of May. I am now running for 30-33 minutes at the gym and feel ready to start running in 5K races. I also started taking two spin classes during the week for some cross-training. Holy workout!! I have never sweated so much in my life and I love it. I wore my running shoes to class the first my first couple spin classes, but my right heel hurt like the dickens, so I am going to start wearing my bike shoes to class and see if that helps. They are mountain biking shoes, but the guy at the bike store said to try them before investing in road bike shoes!


 The little helping to make a healthy smoothie!

 The new puppy...introducing our little boy, Buck!


Buck all tuckered out on the deck


Our garden is doing pretty good & we are already eating lettuce and spinich from it...yummo!

  • What was your first race?
  • Have you taken Spin classes...and did your heels hurt?



4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about your first 5k! It definitely sounds like you're ready for it. That first race is something you'll never forget. I know it got me addicted! Love the name of it too!
    I take a spin class once a week. I agree, I never sweat as much as I do in those classes! I have never had my heels hurt though. I wear my running shoes. Hopefully you can find something that works! Buck and your daughter are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to spin class today & tried my mt. bike shoes. They felt a lot better and my heel didn't hurt...thank goodness! Hopefully I have found the cure :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your 5k! Can't wait to hear all about it!!! I LOVE spin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really looking forward to it :) I went to spin class yesterday and the instructor was great...I think I am already addicted to spin!!

      Delete