Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rest Days

Me and the kiddo enjoying our day!
Today is a rest day for me. Now that I have been consistent with working out and running, rest days have become harder than I expected. It is almost like I feel guilty for taking a day off, but know my body needs to rest. I don't want to push it and get burnt out, or injure myself so early on in my journey.

Tomorrow's run will be my first at 30 minutes. I am a super slow runner at this point, but have been reading up on doing speed work and other exercises to do during the week so I can get a bit faster. I have been incorporating weights, the eliptical, and the bike into my workouts to change things up a bit so I am not only running.

I had no idea there was so much to learn about running. There are tons of blogs out there, advice columns and of course runners magazines. For now it is one day at a time for me...taking it at my own pace!


No comments:

Post a Comment