Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Spinning in circles

I think I am officially addicted to Spin class! I went to the gym yesterday to run, and after I ran 2 miles, I was pooped. I wasn't just physically drained, I was emotionally drained. A previous friend of mine decided to send a nasty message to me and it hurt me to my core. It was so hard to stay focused during my run and I ended up just getting off the treadmill feeling defeated.

I knew that there was a Spin class (they call it a cycle class at my gym) at 12 and I wasn't ready to completely give up on my exercise for the day. So, I went home, grabbed my cycle shoes I wear when I mountain bike, put on my padded bike shorts and went back to the gym. The instructor pushed us so hard and I gave it my all for the whole 60 minutes. It was amazing to focus my hurt onto the pedals of that stationary bike as the music was blaring. 

So, after I got home with a renewed focus, I wrote that friend a message back. I let them know that I was sad that they said hurtful things, but that I still thought they were a great person and I valued the time we shared as friends. My heart and my body felt better...life is such a process of learning...a journey of ups and downs!

Me after class with a clear mind and one sweaty shirt!

My great Saucony running shoes and little Buck

Here are my mountain bike shoes that clip in and work with the Spin bikes. They are a bit different than the road shoes, but provide a sturdy platform and gave me much needed support for my poor hurting heel!

  • How do you handle rude people
  • Have you ever done a Triathalon? I am thinking this might be fun down the road after I get a few running races under my belt!


1 comment:

  1. I love spin too!!!! Considering a Tri but the swimming makes me nervous!

    ReplyDelete