Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Trying out a food journal


I decided that it was time to get serious about my food intake and I started a food journal. I have tried online food journals before, but I tend to not keep track of everything like I should. I leave out some important things like all the sugary goodness I indulge in. So, having something I write in has worked better for me. I realize I do a lot of emotional eating. That has been eye opening for me to realize. I eat when I am feeling bored or upset. Keeping the food journal has also kept me from making too many bad food choices especially at night. I really didn't want to write down that I ate a huge bowl of peanut butter chocolate ice cream so I just didn't eat it. Instead I opted for greek yogurt.

The hardest part of eating healthy is that my boyfriend is a huge fan of sweets and keeps them in the house. It is so hard to keep my willpower so I stay away from it. I have resorted to putting the ice cream, cookies and baked goods of his in places where I can't easily see them.

Does anyone else keep a food journal?
How does that work for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment