Friday, July 12, 2013

Changing my Training Focus

I have been using a training plan application on my phone that has been focusing more on the time I run instead of distance. I have signed up for another 5k and even signed up for a 15k (this one isn't until March 2014). 

I think it is time to start working on increasing my mileage...not too fast too soon of course! I found a 10k training plan online and printed a copy that I have put up in my office. I wanted to be able to physically cross off my training days. I start school again in just a few short weeks and nursing school is crazy busy. I need all the motivation I can get to keep my running up. This is why I signed up for a race that is 8 months out. Last semester I joined the gym since we get an amazing discount ($25 for 4 months) and the first day I went to the gym was the last day of the semester when I got serious about running! Walking all day in the hospital as a student nurse is better exercise than sitting in the classroom, but I needed more. 

 My new plan:

Yesterday my lil one and I went to visit some friends who live in a tiny town about 1.5 hours away. I love going to visit in summer since we go to the town pool and there are only 10 people there. Life of a small town is so different than a big city. I lived in a small town for many years and I'm just not a small town girl. I prefer the larger city...not too big though :)


Hope you have a great weekend!


* Do you follow a training plan for your running?

No comments:

Post a Comment